Friday, July 11, 2014

The basic to the complex: Self talk becomes who we are.


Happy Friday, Feel-Gooders!  I took last Friday off for the fourth even though there are more new comers and you were promised some sunshine, back on track kids! Big Hugs, Big apologies! 

Each Friday I have this “terrible” problem of deciding what to write about. There has been so much (good) going on and I've got enough content in the positivity reserves for months to come. Ever since starting this distro which turned blog I get a healthy kickback of ideas, not to mention the general outlook and choices I am making brings me to like-minded content, which brings me to my subject for today.

Part of the reason I started this blog was for my personal mission in character manipulation, making choices to be a better person. I truly believe that we’re a product of our environment, and with that the subsequent choices we make and the people we are come from this.  Being more positive is a choice I am making to enrich my environment so that the outcomes I produce for myself and others enrich theirs.  (Cyclical, yes?)
Two stories today, both taken from observations in the last few days of posts my friends have made on various social media sites. I hope they see my blog and know that the cycle of positivity and their message grows as we all take it on. Both stories encompass the idea about positive self-talk, and how we change our lives in the basic to complex decisions we make about who we want to be.

The Basic:

Small changes can have a huge impact; Mauricio Estrella tells the following story on how a choice he made to embrace positivity in a small message made dynamic impacts to his life, by simply using a daily task to change his mindset. The story is best told through his own words

HERE https://medium.com/@manicho/how-a-password-changed-my-life-7af5d5f28038

This is a huge inspiration for me; he took something mundane, and on the surface relatively useless, and changed it into a mission of change.  As I look now at the smaller things in my life I am thinking about where those opportunities might be.

The Complex:

Not everything is as simple as a password, so when big life changes come we’re forced with choices that most of us may have the proclivity to fall under, life is heavy sometimes and it may seem it’s never getting off your back. What would you do if you were faced with the inevitable outcome that you were going to lose your left foot? I would probably have some extreme emotional problems with it. This following young man, Joe, made the choice to have it impact his life in a dramatically different way.
Joe made the choice to amputate his left foot after suffering with pigmented villonodular synovitis, or PVNS. Joe however made some amazing subsequent choices about who he was going to be, how it was going to impact him and what to do with it. Everything from getting a dotted tattoo on the leg for the surgeon to cut along, to dreaming up future Halloween costumes in which he’s a surfer and his girlfriend a shark.



More from him on Reddit where he did an AMA HERE 


 We’re all faced with basic and complex choices, it’s cliché to say things about how a positive attitude, this and that, but really, REALLY. It works. I caught myself the other day getting all grumpy and piss faced about the way a web site worked, I literally let some stupid shit ruin 10 minutes of my life? It’s my choice, pure and simple. I’d love to hear from you on your examples of positive self-talk and how it’s improved your life. Till next Friday! FEEL GOOD!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment