Friday, May 16, 2014

MAH!

 Feel good Friday (Mom Style)

 Good afternoon Friday Feel Good peeps! As in most things I am a bit behind and would like to honor moms on this weeks TFFG. Things have been especially close for my mom and I since I had her move in and her recent battle with cancer. Fortunately, she's pretty hard to keep down and I really at this point have a hard time getting her to even sit still. (Hi mom!) But I'm so happy to have her close and she's such a great roommate! She's been phutzing in the garden and hanging out with my dog.

 She hurt her knee recently and I'd been trying to get her to relax and stay off it. I finally started pressuring a trip to the doctor since she wouldn't listen to me, her response "I don't wanna go to the doctor because they're probably going to tell me to stay off it"

 MAH!

 The other day I was trying to do the dishes and clean and she kept getting in my way trying to help, I told her to go relax and she still kept at it... I said "you don't listen very well, do you" "no" she said.

 MAH!

 I'm guessing that with any luck most of you have an interesting mom with great influence in your life, or at the very least can make you feel good on a Friday. I'd love to hear about a mom story of yours below, if you wanted to... If not, maybe just call you mom and say hello!

 "When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it’s a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway."  -Erma Bombeck

 Here is a blurb from my write up on my mom back in September last year.

 "She's is the most beautiful and wonderful woman I know. I don't say these things as cliche, because she's my mom, I say them because it's true. She's always been there for me, always taken my side and forever has loved me for who I am. My mom has never tried to change me, never been disappointed in who I've become. She has a great sense of humor, a winning personality and a passionate approach to all her family. She embraces life, works hard to be a good mom and grandma and she makes the best scalloped potatoes in the world." 

 And lastly, a video I found which is about a mom and a son. It's an advertisement for an airline by the end but the message is neat and I'll forgive it's ad nature if you'll do the same. Cheers, and HAPPY Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment