Friday, December 19, 2014

I Love Your Dents

Hello Friday Feel Gooders!!

Long time no bloggy? My bad, last term was a BEAR! The picture below is an indication of how I felt the last 3 months. Get off me bear!!




Right at the end of the term however my new and good friend Amarett threw down one of the most amazing events. For those of you who know me really well, hell, even some of you that don’t know me well; you know that I love me some party. I especially love costuming, creativity, imagination, art and music, and Dreamer had it in spades.

I really needed this night and the people in it and I’ll tell you why.

One thing that is very true about the last year of my life is that a great portion of my time was spent pretending that my current realities didn't exist, or distracting myself from meaningful progress: movies, shows, video games, drinking and meaningless sleeping. Not that these things themselves are bad but as a form of escape they are. This was devastating to my creative process, there was no time to be alone with it because that time became toxic.

My life looked like a pop can that someone had stepped on, flattened, non-functioning and without purpose. Time eventually moved on and healthy activities and new or existing friendships began to fill the shape of the can back out, but something was apparent… the can was never going to look the same again and this made me angry. Why did the can get stepped on? Why would someone step on my fucking can?? And who’s gonna help me make this can look right again, and the worst of all things: wasting precious energies remembering the can the way it was.

Dreamer, Burning Man and What The Festival this year have been these beautiful fulfilling eclectic moments of primordial joy and healing. Exposure to dynamic and explosive new minds, personalities and beautiful magnanimous friends have been definitively quintessential in my healing process and the renewal of my creativity.

More than once I've found myself simply sitting down and feeling the earth in my hands and just being happy that there is a can at all… because you know what? The honest truth is my can looks so much better and brighter today than it ever has and it’s all thanks to the love that pours into my life by the way of all of you, my beautiful, amazing, mighty, artistic musical and powerfully inspiring family. Thank you for helping me restore creativity in my life.

Every dent, crease and blemish is a new opportunity to reflect a new light, to bend reality. Every contour a promise of perspective. Every peak and valley and every edge it bares is proof of wisdom. My life is an beaten, sharp, dented ass old can and it’s so beautiful…




Life is not smooth, we're all dented here and there, and baby... I love your dents. 



THE RESISTANT PANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment